Home Tip: Ideas for Keeping Your Bathroom Clean and Fresh
May 10, 2016
A bathroom can be one of the most relaxing places in the home, yet it is also a room that is one of the hardest to keep clean and sanitized. Here are a few ideas for keeping your bathroom clean and fresh:
- To remove soap scum, lime scale and dirt from your shower and other bathroom surfaces, use a mixture of dishwashing liquid, ammonia and vinegar. Having said that, if you have marble in your bathroom, be sure NOT to use vinegar, as it will break down the marble.
- White vinegar can also be used to remove soap scum from glass showers. Just put it in a dollar-store spray bottle to use. Vinegar can also be poured into toilets to keep them sparkling.
- Use a razor blade to scrape lime scale around faucets. Just be super careful as you scrape that you don’t cut yourself.
- Keep a bottle of soap scum remover in your shower caddie, and every few days, spray it after your shower. It keeps the scum from building up and significantly decreases the time and elbow grease needed to clean your shower.
- Don’t use fabric softener when washing towels, as this will create a coating on them – making them less absorbent. Instead, use white vinegar to keep them fluffy and soft.